Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Skiing Update: Time to Remember How to Race

Photo by: Gabbi Hall
Hello world,

You're probably abundantly aware that it is ski season. If you're from New England, I hope you aren't frozen solid today. For my non-New Englanders, it's been "Feels like -20" all day, so we're just trying to stay warm.

The first two carnivals on the EISA circuit were hosted by UVM and SLU. Overall, I haven't been thrilled with my results. I got 20th in the giant slalom last Friday, which was my best result so far this season.  Last season my best result was 11th, so I need to get myself together to get back to that level.
Photo by: Gabbi Hall


On the other hand, I am also happy to say that I am really enjoying my senior year of racing. It is my last season of competition and so I am striving to enjoy every run and race. The goal is always to race well and do well for the team, but I've made it a personal goal to make sure that I enjoy myself and don't take anything to seriously.

Photo by: Gabbi Hall
One of things I like to do while I'm at races is take photos. It started as a hobby during my photojournalism class and now I just think its great. It relaxes me between runs and then I end up with some cool photos. The photos in this post are of two St. Mike's male skiers and a UVM male skier. The problem with racing is that I rarely can take photos of the ladies because I am competing. 90% of my photos are of the men. I will say that the men's races are easier to photograph.

Tomorrow, I head to Sugarloaf, ME with the team for the Colby College carnival. Please keep your fingers crossed for me! I love this hill and could use a solid finish in both events.

Talk to you all soon!
xoxo
Gabbi

3 comments:

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics