Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Vine Vera Launch Party and Boobie-Palooza 2012

This past weekend was my first (of many, I hope) PR event-filled weekend. I'll start with the VineVera, red wine skin care party. Ink PR Group works with the parent company of VineVera, Mazal Enterprises, doing PR for Orogold Skin Care as well. We were specifically helping with PR for the launch party and reaching out to celebrities to request their attendance. (You'd be SHOCKED how much celebrities want to get paid to show up at a party for a half-hour!) The perk of all that hard work? I got to go to the party.

Walking the red carpet
Obviously, I needed a new outfit for my first LA party. You can see it to the right. Yes, there was a red carpet and yes, I plan to walk many more of them. :)

(Side note: I am in a big DIY hair phase and I rocked a sock bun for the party. Follow me on instagram: Hall_Gabbi to see all my projects.)

My primary duties at the party included making sure the photographers were at the red carpet snapping photos, getting the gift bags for the celebrities, and enjoying myself. What a rough life! Haha!

You'd be surprised how much I actually learned at the party though. I've learned that being the PR person/staff at a party can be stressful. You have to make sure that celebrities are happy and sometimes you have to pester people to get things done. You may not be everyone's best friend, but you are working to make the client happy and you have to be willing to be a little pushy to make it all work.
I did meet Sarah Rafferty from USA's show, Suits, which was cool. She was very lovely. One of my jobs was to introduce myself and say "I'm from Ink PR. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask." She didn't need anything while she was there, so I just got to hang out at the party and soak in the strange things like this:

That's a girl in the drink table....
There were also girls in a random bath tub at the party. Hollywood is really a strange place, but they are totally "my people." They like to live large, wear great shoes, and have a good time. What more can I ask for?
I left the party after they officially announced the brand around 11 pm. The 6-inch heels were killing my feet and I had Boobie-Palooza in the morning.Yes, you read that right. Boobie-Palooza 2012 at the Ebell was an event in celebration of World Breastfeeding Week and Ink PR was in charge of PR for the event. Erica, the other intern, and I were on celebrity-spotting duty, which is harder than you'd think because they all travel around incognito and have new hair every week.


In the photo below, you can see Ashley Williams from Something Borrowed and Margin Call, and Doctor Berlin. You can imagine that this really wasn't me scene at all. There were panels on different ways to give birth and a nurse-in. There were tons of moms, dads, babies, and toddlers. While it was interesting to see how celebrities and panelists are treated and how PR works for a large event like Boobie-Palooza, I was SO overwhelmed by all of the people. By two o'clock it was incredibly busy and I was so thankful that Galit said Erica and I could head out.

After that busy weekend, I had two more days at Ink PR, which included a lot of press clippings for Boobie-Palooza as well as write-ups for One Jackson.(<----Totally wrote this one!) It was a mix of emotions when I left the office yesterday. I am happy to heading back to campus, but I'm definitely going to miss the office and West Hollywood. (I'm going to tell you more about how leave your internship on a high note in a later posts.)

For now, I'm going back to work on some video for my other internship. Talk to you all soon!
xoxo
Gabbi

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! I'm obsessed with the dress! I wish I had more places to wear it :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics