Sunday, April 29, 2012

MLK Talent Show 2012

Good morning!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend! I certainly did :)

Every year, I participate in the MLK  Annual Talent Show. This year, I was in two acts: a solo and a group act. As per usual, I picked my song about 2 days before the show, but I had been rehearsing for a while so I was confident in it. Until this year, all my MLK performances have gone off fabulously. I suppose that this year I should have guessed there would be a snafu.

Essentially, I got on stage and there was cheering. I asked how everyone's night was going and people screamed. Unfortunately, the music was already playing. I didn't realize how behind I was. I tried to fix it. It didn't work, so about part way through the first chorus I asked for a re-do. Lucky for me, SMC is a very supportive community and they were all for a restart. They all knew something was wrong. The moral of this story: SMC rocks because they want everyone to do well and they don't want to watch someone go down in flames.


My second act was the closing act of the show. I may have mentioned in an earlier post that my friend, Eric, messaged me a while back and said the group needed a "Fergie/Nicki Minaj" type. I'm not sure I filled the role, but I did really have a great time performing with the group. The act followed the story line of Intro, Last P-Day Night, Rap Battle, Last P-Day Night. It was silly. If you watch the video, you'll see me giggling hysterically several times through the act.



So enjoy the show! This week is the last week of classes at St. Mike's! I can't believe the year is nearly over! Next up, cross-country road trip!

xoxo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics