Monday, March 19, 2012

End of Ski Season and Start of Talent Show Season

Today was my final race of the ski season in Waterville Valley, NH. There were giant dirt patches outside of the course and I didn't finish. However, I am happy with my season. While my FIS points are not at their lowest, I had some of my best results to date. I felt like it was a very successful ski season and I am now very ready to bust out the next 6 weeks of classes.

For me, the end of ski season brings relief and more frivolous activities including the MLK Society's Annual Talent Show. I have performed every year and I hope to make this year 3! My freshman year I performed Taylor Swift's "White Horse" and last year I sang "Give Me One Reason" by Tracy Chapman. As per usual, I can't decide what I want to sing exactly. I love "Body and Soul" by Ella Fitzgerald and "You and I" by Lady Gaga. I'm also partial to "All for Love" by Serena Ryder and "Twisted" by Carrie Underwood. There is a list of 30 more sitting in my head. I'll probably make a decision 30 seconds before my audition.

The talent show is a place for everyone to come out and strut their stuff. We have a stand up comedian, several singers, a few dancers, and my freshman year someone played the didgeridoo. If you have a talent, audition! We pack the house the night of the performance and for me, it's a total rush to be on stage. I love it!

I just got an email about participating in performance with a small group as the female participant like Fergie or Nicki Minaj. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to meet and see if the chemistry is good! I've never performed in a group like that and I'd really love to.

In other news, my little sister is visiting and I have spent the entire week she has been here convincing her to come to St. Mike's. She is also a skier and I hope that she comes and shreds as a Purple Knight. She would be Class of 2017, which mean 8 consecutive years of Hall at SMC. Who is excited? Haha. I hope the ski coaches are prepared. :)

Alright, I'm headed to bed. I have my first post-Spring Break classes tomorrow. Gah!! Have questions? Ask me here!

xoxo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics