Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Best of the Best - Sports Action Photos

Good morning and happy Tuesday! I can't believe it is February 28th. It's insane. This semester is flying by. Collegiate ski season in over and I did not qualify for NCAA Nationals :( I ended the season on a positive note, but it wasn't the finish I needed to qualify. Luckily, I have next year, so I just need to move forward and keep training hard.

Moving on....

I wanted to show you some of my favorite sports action photos from the semester. This week's assignment in my photojournalism is Sports Action. To be honest, I had my photo weeks ago, but I continued to shoot at races because I use them on the SMC Ski Team Facebook page and Twitter.


Jonathan Norbotten of Norway takes a break from the World Cup circuit to compete in the slalom race of the University of new Hampshire Carnival in late January 2012. Norbotten attends University of Vermont when he isn't competing.

Parker Spear from Plymouth State University knifes a turn over Waterfall, the steepest pitch on Main Street, a run at Stowe Mountain Resort. Spear moved from 44th position to 15th position in the slalom race on February 4, 2012.

Heidi Robbins, a Saint Michael's College graduate student, embraces teammate Ashley Langlands after their final collegiate race run at the Eastern Intercollegiate Ski Association Championship at Middlebury Ski Bowl on February 25, 2012.


Taylor Wunsch of UVM shreds the first break over in the Giant Slalom race of the Eastern Intercollegiate Ski Assocation Championships, hosted by Middlebury College, on February 25, 2012.

Oh, that's me at the bottom of the GS course. One of the mom's snapped a photo of me since I am never in them.

Taylor Vest Burton of UNH takes a tight line in the Giant Slalom race of the Eastern Intercollegiate Ski Assocation Championships, hosted by Middlebury College. Vest-Burton ripped through the panel, but went on to finish the run.
As you may have noticed, I am still figuring out Photoshop and the best adjustments to make to images as far as exposure, cropping, and shadows. I'll get their though. Just takes practice! I continue to race this week at Stowe Mountain Resort in a Giant Slalom. I hope you are all having a great week and I will talk with you soon.

xoxo
Gabbi

1 comment:

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics