Friday, January 6, 2012

Tips for a Skype Interview

Hey!
As I prepare for summer internship application season, I have start thinking about interviews. Tomorrow I am interviewing with Ink Public Relations, a PR firm in West Hollywood. Due to the distance, we will be doing a Skype interview. I have never done one before, so I reached out to my tweeps for some advice!

I posed a question on Twitter yesterday:

"I have a Skype interview for a summer internship tomorrow. Any advice on what to wear/where to sit/ect? #interntips"

@fitisnewblack -  A blouse and skirt. No matter what, what sure your makeup and hair looks good! That's what stands out on Skype.

@msteverb -  Ask a good friend to Skype 2night for practice-ask you Qs, etc. Have them watch for facial expressions, listen to tone #goodluck

@JasMollica - Dress as you would for typical in office interview. Try a neutral background, have your resume in front of you for reference.

@MatthewKnell - Don't over think it. Be yourself.

Obviously, a big "thank you" to all of them. I really appreciate the advice as a tackle this interview! I hope that the advice can also help you in your summer internship (or any interview) search. Have questions for me? Ask on Formspring. I promise to follow up with how the interview goes and I'm sure you (those who are regular readers) will get all the details on my internship search in future posts!

xoxo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics