Sunday, January 1, 2012

My New Year's Resolutions

1) Get healthy and (more) fabulous.

This is the most cliched and difficult resolution. Sure, I'm an athlete so I'm "in shape," but it doesn't mean I can't stand to loose a few pounds. This year I am going to make it happen. In fact, I am already a week into my plan. Okay, it isn't much of a plan. It is more a watch-what-I-eat scheme. Less bagels and cream cheese and more cereal for breakfast. Less pizza for lunch and more salad.

I am using the MyFitnessPal app for iPhone. It logs meals, workouts, and water consumption. You can look up the food you are eating or scan the barcode on the packaging. It helps you set goals. For example, it will give you a daily calorie count that will allow you to lose 1 pound a week based on your level of daily activity. You can track your weight to see how much you improve. The best part? It's free.

I have also started using the Nike Training Club app. (See the video) It gives you workouts. I really like the "Get focused" option. It gives you a 15-minute workout based on the area you want to workout. Ex: Abs, Legs, or Back

I'll be skiing all winter, but I want to try and give my non-ski, swimsuit muscles going during the winter. NTC can help me with that. Plus, who doesn't want to be more fabulous?

2) Stop Biting My Nails.

It's true. I'm 20 years old and I still bite my nails. I don't remember starting to do it, but I do. I stopped over the summer when I had acrylic nails, however I picked it back up with the stress of school once I was acrylic-free. I can't have acrylics during the ski season. It is KILLER if you hit one on a gate. My friend has her entire thumb nail come off. Gross...

Therefore, my solution is to stop biting them. I don't have any fancy iPhone apps for this one. It will be straight will power. I think my best option is to keep my nails painted. Hopefully the my-nails-are-pretty factor will outweigh the I-really-want-to-bite-them factor.

What are your resolutions? Tell me in the comments section!

Have questions? www.formspring.me/gabbismc
Happy New Year! xoxo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics