Diane Darling – Networking
4:15 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.
Life After St. Mike’s and Internship Information
5:15 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
6:00 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
6:50 p.m. - 7:35 p.m.
Networking for All Attendees
7:35p.m. - 8:15 p.m.
- My hand shake is a little aggressive.
- Don't be afraid to approach 'big wigs.'
- Using "Tell me about..." is a great way to start a conversation with a new person. People love to talk about themselves.
The part I was particularly interested in was the panel discussion for Sales and Marketing. (Other panels included Science and Engineering, Not for Profit, and Human Resources amongst others.) Sales and Marketing featured 3 female SMC alumni: Kara Cleaver, CEO of Influency Group in Texas, Carol Bullock, the VP of Sales with Dolce Hotels and Resorts, and Deborah Ryan, the Marketing Director of Harvard Business School Executive Education. They all shared their stories about life in the world of marketing and answered my questions about what I should know going into an interview, particularly if it is for an online marketing position. Their answers in a nutshell?
- Know the platforms and how to use them.
- Know how to read and understand analytics, as well as their correlation to sales.
Questions about Career and Internship resources here? Get in touch: email@example.com or www.formspring.me/gabbismc.