Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Making a Change

Brunette

Well, technically, I've already made one change.
I'm now a brunette and I'm totally obsessed. I love the color. I love the change. I'm really excited about it. However, that's not really what this post is about. This post is about new responsibilities.

While SMC finds a new Assistant Director of Marketing for Social Media, I am taking on some additional responsibilities. This includes organizing blogger training as well as logging hours.

Some people might resent the extra work, but I see it as an excellent opportunity. This is a great way to get more experience in a leadership position, work on my organization, and learn more about social media marketing.

So I am starting to plan training. The challenge I didn't expect was finding a date in the first week of school that would work for a lot of the blogger team. We are closing in on a date, but boy, we are all busy, busy people. I guess that's good, though. It means you get to here about more of what is happening on campus.

I want to end on this note. Thank goodness for my summer internship. It has given me so many new tools that allow me to take on these new responsibilities. It has given me the ability to work with a team and still lead and make decisions. My recommendation to everyone: Do at least one internship. You can't know how invaluable they are until you are in one.

That being said, I can't WAIT to get back to school in less than a month. I miss all my friends and I even miss class! (The homework and exams part, not so much...) Have questions about SMC? Ask them here.

See you all soon!
xo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics