Monday, July 25, 2011

Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and Harry Potter 7

Spotted: Tourists
Talk about an epic weekend. With the help of my summer family, I knocked out 3 of my tourist to-do's. They took me to Rodeo Drive, where I had a Chocolate Peanut Butter cupcake from Sprinkles and pretended I could afford the beautiful $600 dress in BCBG MaxAzria as well as all the diamonds in Tiffanys & Co.

I went with John, Rain, Lyric, Clay, Tal, Jade, and Mystical. They played the tourist role VERY well. Haha. People actually asked us where we were from.... Yup, we were totally THOSE people minus the fanny packs and sandals with socks. I did find it very interesting how some people got SO dressed up to go shopping. I would DIE walking around in 5 in heels all day.




 I did get to venture into what I would like to call Heaven, but is more commonly known as BCBG MaxAzria. It is seriously my favorite store. I wish I could buy everything in there. I almost died over some of the dresses. *le sigh* When I am rich and famous, I will be in there on the regular. I'll be a walking BCBG model.



At the gate of the PlayBoy Mansion



After Rodeo Drive, we did a drive through of Beverly Hills. I was particularly interested in seeing the Playboy Mansion because I used to watch Girls Next Door in high school, back when it was Kendra, Holly, and Bridgette. My friend, Caitlin, had them all on her computer. Plus, its the Playboy mansion. Who doesn't want to be able to check-in there on Foursquare? (Gosh, I am such a social media nerd.) Anyways, here I am at the gate. That yellow sign in the back says 'Brake for Animals.'




After we grew tired of the glamour, we headed to 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica. It was kind of like Church St. in Burlington on steroids. They had tons of stores in my price range. Yay for J.Crew and Urban Outfitters :) We walked around, listened to some street performers, and then ate dinner at Johnny Rockets where I ordered what I am sure is the largest burger on the menu. I don't even care because I did a ton of walking that day.

(If you are in the area, this is a must-do. It's also right near the beach, so you could get a tan, too.)

We left around 8:30 pm with 3rd Street Promenade still buzzing with people and the air still warm. However, I was exhausted. When we got home, I watched HP 6 with my family. (I spent the week getting them up-to-speed for the HP 7 part 2.)

The next morning, we watched HP 7 - Part 1 and then we went to see HP 7 - Part 2 in the afternoon. We saw it in IMAX 3D. IT WAS AWESOME. I don't know how everyone else felt, but I thought the battle scene was amazing. I was worried it wouldn't meet my expectations, but OMG it was AWESOME. I was totally jazzed. :) Let's be honest, I'll probably go see it again.

So that was my weekend. What did you do? :-P
xo
Gabbi

PS One month until SMC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics