Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hollywood Blvd During Carmageddon

This past weekend was Carmageddon. For all you people who have no idea what I am talking about, Carmageddon was:

the supposed chaos that would ensue 
after a stretch of I-405 was to be closed 
for the July 16th weekend. 


Destiny's Child
The reality was that everyone was so nervous about heavy traffic that the roads were basically empty. Despite that, public transportation was free so my cousin, Lyric, and I made the trip down to Hollywood, so I could do the obnoxious tourist thing.We took the bus to the subway to Hollywood Blvd. 


We saw some of the stars like Destiny's Child, Donald Trump, and Ryan Seacrest. We went to the Chinese Theater which was an alter to Harry Potter with GIANT posters hanging everywhere. I remember that spot from when my cousin was born because I put my hands in Shirley Temple's prints.


Of course, I snapped a pic of the Hollywood sign (below) and Lyric and I did some shopping. What else is new? 



Hand-prints at Grauman's Chinese Theater


We also made a pit stop at Crumb's cupcakes. Now according to my family Crumb's is better than Sprinkles. However, I am determined to try both places and decide for myself. Conveniently, they are taking me to Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive next weekend. :-D I really want to spot celebrities. I haven't seen any except for at the Rihanna concert. And let's be honest, I basically came to LA to awkwardly stare at famous people...



 Oh, and the internship... small detail... That is going well though. I can't believe I only have a month left! It's insane, but admittedly I can't WAIT to get back to SMC. It's going to be a phenomenal year!

Hollywood Sign

Alrighty, I've got to shower and eat dinner, but I hope everyone is having a great summer!
xo
Gabbi




A Crumb's Cupcake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics