Saturday, June 11, 2011

#glamtern week 3 - Tackling Google and LinkedIn Ads

Hey!
I have a quick update for you.
In the first 2 weeks of my internship, I spent the majority of my time researching and experimenting with Facebook Ads. I played with targeting and working and headlines and photos. I wrote some ads up and then rewrote them. I switched pictures in and out deciding which ones would grab attention. I posted them and realized some were completely ineffective. However, I have become more confident in my ability to write enticing ads and how to target.

My next project? Google Ads and LinkedIn Ads. While LinkedIn Ads have been relatively easy to tackle and I have actual had some recent success as far as increased CTR, Google Ads are proving slightly more difficult. I have been trying to find for effective keywords to target and of course, write interesting ads that will encourage clicks. I find this particularly tricky with Google because you only get 70 characters (35 per line). I'm used to word limits (yay for being a journalism major), but 70 characters is starting to feel a little ridiculous.

Outside of the ads, I'm working on social media efforts like a Twitter and Facebook page. I have pitched the idea for the page, but I am waiting to have a meeting to revise, edit, and the 'all clear.' I am really excited to get that started because it will be 'my baby' so to speak. :) And as my friend, @hperry2 (another SMC blogger doing an internship) said, "You need a Facebook page to be competitive." While it doesn't take much to be competitive in social media in the financial industry because it is so regulated, I think that I can do a very thorough and fantastic job of creating a page.

As for life in Los Angeles, its great, but a little cloudy. I really wanted to head to the beach today, but it is just not the proper weather. I am thinking that I'll go to the Getty Museum tomorrow. Apparently  the architecture is amazing as are the exhibits and garden. I also think that a visit there would make for a great blog post. :)

If you have any questions, ask here.

xoxo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics