Monday, May 30, 2011

Week One: Los Angeles Intern

In all honesty, I can't believe I have only been in the office five days. I was settled in really quickly and already accomplishing things within the first few days. Let me tell you about my first few projects.

1) I consider learning how to more efficiently use Salesforce as a top priority. They know how to use it, but there are lot of things that can be added and reworked to make recruiting easier. For example, prior to my arrival, they were logging all contact (meetings, phone calls, ect.) into Notes. They are now logging them in Activities, so that they can sort leads by how recently (or long ago) they were contacted. My second project has been figuring out how to add sections into lead profiles. I figured it out Friday morning. I was so excited. I learn by just going in and fiddling with buttons.  A lot of the time, I don't find the 'Help' section very helpful.

2) My second job is marketing, online and even some print. My recent accomplishment on that end is: the CEO likes my potential print ads. :) Yay! (Thank you, Professor Sultze and my New Media 1 and 2 classes.) Learning about design was clearly a great idea, even though I was sure it had nothing to do with my future. I have to talk to him about budget and such next time I meet with him to give him Twitter lessons, but I feel like it is a great start to the internship.

3) I also help with things like editing Power points, which is great for honing my editing skills for the Defender next semester. I have also been typing up the procedures and guidelines for the department. It is basically a how-to, which has taught me a ton about the company.

I also sit in on a lot of meetings and conference calls, A) because I might be assigned a project and B) it allows me the opportunity to learn and understand what is going on. All in all, this is an incredible experience so far. Living with my aunt, uncle, and cousins is pretty cool, too. :)
If you have any questions for me, you can check out: My Formspring.
Or you can always shoot me an email.

xoxo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics