Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Definition of 'P-Day'

P-Day (pee - day) noun
P-Day Shirt 2011
      1. A day of bonding amongst of SMC students in the 300's field also know as Preparation Day
      2. The second to last Saturday of every academic year
      3. The equivalent of Christmas Day

The theme for P-Day seemed to be 'Gotta Get Down on P-Day.' My shirt even said that.

For our shirts, we used spray paint and white Hanes t-shirts. Tie-dye is generally a popular choice as well. Many people also order jerseys that are custom printed, but you need to plan in advance for those. My 'crew' literally did these on Friday afternoon.... I think they turned out pretty awesome actually.


My morning started out in my friend's suit in Pontigny where we made a delicious breakfast of eggs, bacon, and french toast. (Thanks to our master chef, Kate!) There we just hung out and waited for the days festivities which started with the Trike Race.

Yup, that is Rob and I fighting
After the Trike Race, the real fun started out on the 300's field where there are inflatables, food, and friends! I started out on the Twister inflatable. It was really hard, but really fun! Then I hopped on over to the 'sword fighting' inflatable, where I battled my friend's boyfriend,  Rob. Around that time, we were craving lunch so we hopped on over to the food tent. I had a pesto and cheese crepe from Skinny Pancake as well as a Philly Cheesesteak from the PK Cafe. Obviously, it was delicious!

At around 4, I left the field to take the nearly-mandatory afternoon nap. At around 6 pm, I showered, changed, and prepared for the comedian. I hadn't decided whether or not I was going until very last minute, but my friend Emma texted me to say that she saved me a seat, so I headed over. I really enjoyed myself. I really recommend going to any and all comedians when the SA brings them in because you will really enjoy yourself.

I realize that this is just a general outline of the day, but you can get a better idea from this video:



And yes, I was totally in there! :)

xoxo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics