Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Break and the Home Stretch

Well, I am back in Vermont where it is 60 degrees and rainy. Ew.
Kelsey, Jenni, and Me (Left to Right)
If you follow me on Twitter, you know that until last night I was on a 5 day vacation in Naples, Florida. My Aunt Jenni lives there and told me to come visit whenever I wanted, so I did. I also brought my friend, Kelsey, a freshman here at St. Mike's. I don't think I really need to say it, but I will. It was FANTASTIC and WARM and SUNNY down there. The 'coldest' it got was 70 degrees and I am now a lovely toasted brown color.

My aunt really treated us while we were down there. We went to a restaurant called Campiello's, which was in downtown and it was amazing. I this veal pasta that was unreal. This restaurant had outdoor seating which I loved because it provided excellent people watching. Kelsey and I particularly enjoyed watching the very attractive, well-dressed, tan men that walked by. The thing about Naples is there are just a lot of tan, wealthy people there. How do I know they are wealthy? They all drive Bentleys and Rolls Royces. I'm not kidding. This is a really corny picture of me with a very fly yellow Ferrari.... I have a weird thing for yellow convertibles.

Other than fine dining, we spent most of our time at Vanderbilt Beach. We found that the young people hang out on the left and the older people hangout to the right. I don't know why. It is just an observation I made.

We reapplied sunscreen like maniacs because we didn't want to come back to campus as lobsters, or as Kelsey said 'human hot-dogs.' (I'm sure that would be funnier if you had been there.)

The trip was a wonderful way to get de-stressed before the hectic home stretch. :)

Now, here is what I have coming up this week.

Today: Interview Patrick from the Board of Directors at COTS. It went really well! He was so nice and he plays Santa Claus at Christmas time!
I also have a meeting later to help pick the new bloggers for next year! :)

Tomorrow: Brace yourselves because you are probably going to feel busy just reading this. Class until 11:30, then meeting with Gus (ski coach),  and then filming for my broadcast project. At 5 pm, it is the End-of-the-Year Founder's Society Banquet, followed by the final Aca Bellas concert of the year. Phew! It's going to be a crazy one!

Thursday: Broadcast Project due... I think that is it...

Friday: Creative Dance performance... on the main lawn... in the middle of the day... oh lord. I'm actually getting embarrassed just thinking about it. Luckily, there are no classes on Friday because it is Senior Symposium day, so that makes up for the fact that I have to improvise a dance in front of tons of people.... :)

And then.... drum roll please!! TALENT SHOW AND P-DAY. I'm not going to say anything about the two because I'll write post afterwards. In the mean time, enjoy this video I made from last year.
It's hilarious!

xoxo
Gabbi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics