Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Weekend in Lake Placid

Hey Everyone!

Saint Mike's is on spring break. I'm on campus. However, this Saturday and Sunday I went to Whiteface for two days to race. I stayed with my friend, Kelsey, and her family. They let me stay in their guest room. It was really nice to be at a house instead of a hotel. It was actually sort of weird because their house looks SO similar to the house my family was in 2 houses ago. I mean even the furniture was similar. I guess it's the 'mountain home' thing.

Anyways, the races were Eastern Region Junior Finals and the title sounds like a lot bigger deal than what they were. I did have a good time though. The first  day was GS. I tripped over my pole first run....not fast... but I like to think I redeemed myself by winning the second run.  :) Today was slalom. Generally, that's my better event, but it wasn't this weekend. Conditions were really rough. There were some serious holes in the course.  I was lucky to run 8th the first run. Second run, I ran 26th because of the way ski racing works. I ended up 4th overall. I had to fight all the way down.

I did want to share one last thing with you. I was in the timing building at the bottom of the hill and there was a bunny. It was some girls pet. It was on a leash. Its name? Maple. While very adorable, I found it VERY strange that there was a bunny on the mountain. My friend Jenna from the Acabellas tweeted that it was a 'snow bunny.' I thought that was a pretty witty response to the photo. :-P

I'm now going to take a much deserved shower, followed by movie watching and maybe some ice cream. :)
Remember that if you have ANY questions about St. Mike's, you can ask me via the tab up top called "Ask Questions About SMC" or head straight to my Formspring to see previously answered questions. You can ask anonymously so don't feel shy!

xoxo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics