Friday, March 25, 2011

Tuition Runs Out Day and #tigerbloodintern Round 3

Oh, thank goodness it is Friday. :) I think that on every Friday, but who doesn't LOVE the weekend.
This Friday marks a particularly interesting day at SMC. It is Tuition Runs Out Day. It is the day that the tuition runs out at school and the rest of the year relies solely on donations made my people like our fabulous alumni. Today in Alliot, there was filming happening. It will be a video compilation of 'thank you' messages from students! The video below isn't that compilation. It is the video that was made as part of Tuition Runs Out Day. Just watch, it'll make you giggle. Even the school's president is in it!



In other news, I made it to round 3 of the Charlie Sheen #TigerBloodIntern competition. I put my name into round one, mostly out of curiosity as to what it was all about. Well, I made it through round 1, and then round 2, and then suddenly round 3. I won't know if I make the final round for a week or two, but like I said, this all started from curiosity. On the other hand, I wouldn't complain about a paid, summer internship with a celebrity. You are probably thinking, "Oh come on, Gabbi. This has to be a joke. No way this internship is legit." I keep thinking the same thing. Then I also consider the fact that it was promoted my internships.com. It gives me more faith. Either way, its fun!

Round 3 was to create a youtube video answering one of three questions. The questions were (I'm paraphrasing here) 1) How would you use social media to promote giving after a natural disaster? 2) What company best uses social media and why? or 3) How would you advice a political campaign to leverage social media? I picked question 3. It seems to me that many chose one or two. Of course, I haven't watched all 250 videos from round 3, so I couldn't tell you the most common. I can tell you that is interesting to see the different kinds of people who made round 3. I have seen college students, recent grads, and people who already have careers. It seems to be a pretty random mix. I can't wait to see how it pans out!




Well, thats all for now. I'm going to enjoy Saturday, then it is off to Waterville Valley for some SL races. :) Wish me luck!

xoxo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics