Monday, January 31, 2011

A Bump in the Road

Just as I was gaining momentum into the semester, I hit a bump in the road. We all have them. My bump is a particularly mean, little monster. I have a sore throat. I am exhausted. I can't do physical activities for 4-6 weeks. If I fall/crash/have extreme impact, I may rupture my spleen. Can you guess what I have? Mono.
Yup, it's the truth. It's like my world has been flipped upside down. I can't ski for a few weeks. I am praying that I will be able to race Eastern Championships at the end of February. I'm essentially bed-ridden except for classes. :-(
On the bright side, I now I have a lot of time. This time, which I could be using to do homework and reading, has been dedicated to cleaning and redecorating my room. It is the first time is weeks that I have been able to see my floor. I even vacuumed! Fancy, I know.
As for redecorating, I went to TJ Maxx today with the intention of buying new pillows. My old ones were getting flat. When I got there, I ended up buying: new sheets with pretty flowers on them, a pillow cover with fun embroidered flowers, new pillows, and new towels (one yellow and one blue). I do that when I'm sad. I shop. I almost bought these really cute high heels, but those aren't sensible A) because it's the middle of winter in Vermont and live in my Sorels and B) because I would definitely be the person to slip on the ice and rupture my spleen while I have mono...
I also recently started taking down my current photo collage. I haven't decided what will be going up it's place, but I just need a change. I need bright and shiny and exciting this semester. Not that my room wasn't a happy place before, but I am turning into a fabulous sanctuary now.
Since I won't be skiing for a while I am going to have a TON of free time. Please entertain me by asking my questions on VYou and Formspring. Also, congratulations to everyone receiving their acceptance letters! That's very exciting! It doesn't seem that long ago that I got mine!

Alright! I'm going to bed! I'll update you again soon!

xoxo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics