Thursday, December 2, 2010

Flash to the Future

It's 8:12 am and I have been up for almost 3 and a 1/2 hours. My alarm went of at 4:50 am this morning. I woke up "Two is Better Than One" by Boys Like Girls and Taylor Swift. I didn't sleep well last night. I have a hard time falling asleep if I know I have to go to sleep and my suitemates were a little loud and there were people screaming outside my building. I don't know why it was so loud Wednesday night, but it was.

All that doesn't even matter because I flashed into my future! This morning, my Writing For Media 1 class took a field trip (Yes, you still go on field trips in college.) to WCAX, a family-owned tv news station in Burlington. Oh my goodness, it was so awesome. I was in heaven. The set was everything I imagined it would be and all I wanted to do was sit in the chair of power. We watched the 6:30 am broadcast which included a lot of weather and stories about things like a murder in a nursing home.

We got to see the editing room, the news room, the sales room, the behind-the-scenes room, and the actual set where the anchor sits. Like I said, I was in heaven. I always knew I wanted to be in news, but my fire has been re-lit so to speak. I realized that my goal is really within my reach. I can't wait to take the TV News Reporting class while I am at Saint Mike's and to eventually intern at a news station!

Oh, I can't wait! Now, I have to go to class, but I promise to keep you updated in my last few weeks of this semester!
xoxo

Gabbi

PS Always remember that you can ask me questions by heading to my "Ask Questions About SMC" page or head to my VYou page!

PSS There is a Holiday Contest through the Admissions Office! Check out the info here: Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics