Sunday, November 14, 2010

This Thing Called Love

QUICK REMINDER: The bloggers will be doing a Knight Chat, a chat room with current students and prospective students, TOMORROW NIGHT (Nov. 15, 2010) at 7:30 - 9 pm EST. Come ask questions or just chat! http://bit.ly/dkYj3p

I just can't handle it!
Or how about? Thm, Thm. Thm, thm, ba, da, thm, thm, ba da.
Or maybe even... Sweet dreams are made of this, who am I to disagaree?
Well, these are part of songs we are doing in Acabellas. I had my first rehearsal last Thursday.  It was really fun. The girls are all ridiculously nice and obviously very good singers. We are working on "This Thing Called Love" and "Sweet Dreams" and "Seaside Rendezvous" which will be done in collaboration with the all-men a capella group Mike Check. I'm so thrilled to be a part of the group!

I did want to share this picture one of the fun things the Bellas will be doing this year. We will be singing weekly in the quad to brighten people's mornings and work on new material. Here is a picture of Thursday's performance!
This was before my first rehearsal, but they performed "Sunday Morning" by Maroon 5. It was SO good! And it was a beautiful day and it really made my 10 times better!
I'm hoping to record some of the upcoming rehearsals to share with you here!

<---- Spotted: My article. I scanned it in using the fancy new printing/scanning system at school. I'm such a fan :-D

In other news, I wrote the news again in the SMC Defender. My article was on the Women's Ice Hockey team and there goals for the season. While the topic (to me) wasn't ground breaking or all that interesting, it was great experience in sports writing. In particular, it was great to write about a sport I know so little about.

So that is my latest news. Remember that if you have questions for me about Saint Mike's, feel free to check out the "Ask Questions About SMC" tab above or the "Contact Me" tab which has my email address. I'm always available to answer questions. So fire away!

xoxo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics