Friday, October 8, 2010

One Class Can Make All the Difference

So recently in New Media 2 (one of my journalism electives) we have been working on animations using Adobe Flash. I just finished my first big animation about 5 minutes ago :-D and I'm proud of it. For someone is AWFUL at drawing on computers, I think it looks fantastic.
I had originally planned to record "If I Die Young" by the Band Perry with my friend Jazz (We're on Myspace.) but scheduling didn't work out this week, so I used the original.
The video which is 2 min and a LOT of keyframes is about cyberbullying. It turns out this month is "National Bullying Prevention Month" which makes my video conveniently relevant.



So what do you think? The only part I don't like is my own voice. I REALLY don't like the way my voice sounds recorded, but it had to be done.

I am also currently working on my first story for the Defender. My editor is Lily, who was in my Intro to Writing course last year and is a fabulous writer. She will be a great person to work with. My topic is "Illness while Abroad" and I will be talking about happens when someone is studying abroad and they need medical help. So I'm lining up my sources and trying to get it all together. When it's done, I'll scan it for the blog. :-D

xo

Gabbi

1 comment:

  1. Loving the animation and the music choice! The music starts to get too loud to hear what you're saying though.

    Good job! (:

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics