Saturday, June 12, 2010

what is the journalism program like? I was told it is really hard..is it manageable? i.e. will I be able to minor too?

The journalism program is challenging, but not impossible (clearly). I've managed to get through year one with my some major requirements and training/competing in skiing. I won't lie and tell you that the professors will coddle you. The professors want to help, and they will be extremely critical, but if you can endure it, it's worth it. It's a wonderful program, though! The professors are highly qualified and you learn not just about writing in the journalism, but the inner-workings of the field.
As for part 2 of this question, you can declare a journalism minor. If you were wondering if you can have a minor with a journalism major, the answer is: IT'S REQUIRED! You can pick any minor you wish. I am a music minor. The list of minors can be found here: http://smcvt.edu/academics/
For more info on the journalism program, head here: http://smcvt.edu/academics/journalism/
Hope this is helpful!

Ask away. There is always more to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics