Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dinner at 5?

I've already warned my friends that at various random days throughout summer they will be receiving a "Dinner at 5?" mass text message. It's the same text message we exchange every night before dinner and it is going to be weird not eating dinner with them. Also, they will all be receiving "Spotted" text messages when I see things like tie-dye t-shirts, dreadlocks, jelly shoes, or anything else random and hilarious.
I already called Andrea when I was in Burlington with a spotted because she left Wednesday and I couldn't just tell her at the dorm. :-(
On the bright side, IT'S SUMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Yay! But to get to this point, there have been a portfolio and 3 exams. On Monday, I had to turn in my Intro to Writing final portfolio and sit and listen to readings by the class. While everyone's papers were very well written, it was kinda boring to sit there for 2 and a half hours. Oh well, I'll do what I have to do to get to summer.
On Tuesday, I had two finals, which I renamed "Hell Day," although it wasn't necessary. My morning final was Finite Math final, which I got a cheat sheet for! Yay! It was actually pretty easy and not stressful. My afternoon final was the one I was worried about. Philosophy was my most confusing class and I wasn't sure I really retained ANY information.  However, Olsen gave us the essay questions ahead of time and so I wrote them out the night before and memorized. Turns out it wasn't so bad, and I think I got a pretty good grade. *fingers crossed*
On Wednesday, I had the day off from finals, but a jam-packed day of helping people move in. My roommate, Reese, moved out and so did my friend, Andrea. I think I lost 30 pounds carrying boxes down the stairs. It was the saddest. Seriously, sooooo sad. I'm going to miss them all so much. Lucky for me, Reese is supposed to come visit it me at the end of the month. :-D
And then there is today. It's my last day here at SMC. I had my American Politics final this morning, which was just a 3rd exam and wasn't cumulative. Yay :-D After my final, I gathered my things to go to the storage locker I got with my friends. It only took one trip. Yay. (Sorry, I've been saying  "Yay" alot. I'm just overly excited it's summer.) Of course, then I went to pack up my skis and I accidentally locked my keys in there. So, I had to go to Student Life to get the spares until 4 when my coach will be here to let me in the ski room... Oh, lovely.

Well, that is all for now.
xo
Hope everyone has a wonderful summer!
Gabbi

Ask me anything. What do you want to know? http://formspring.me/gabbismc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics