Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Welcome to "The Spot"

Dear Future Purple Knights,
Today I am going to highlight one of my favorite restaurants in the Burlington area, The Spot. I have talked about it before, but now I have pictures!
The Spot is a renovated gas station with big open windows, outdoor seating when weather permits, and a beach theme.

Best part of the spot? They serve breakfast all day! :-) So I can come in 1 pm and have pancakes, which I crave every once in a while. I also like the palm trees and there is a fish tank (not pictured :-( )
The booth seating covers are made of old windsurfing kites, which ads to the undeniable west coast style of the place. It's like a little vacation from the Vermont wilderness.


The menu items are named after surf terminology like "The Waikiki," a famous beach in Honolulu and "The Haleiwa" a famous North Shore town hosting competitions like Pipeline Masters. One of my favorites (of course I can't remember the name) is the breakfast burrito, or the "Morning Safari" where you design your omlette. Or the Cheesesteak is really good or the tuna melt, or the fruity, chocolate covered crepes that are under the breakfast menu so you can feel better about eating dessert for a meal :-P It's totally worth it. They are BOMB.


The Spot can be accessed via the bus system in Burlington, which is free with the Knight Card. It takes two buses since it's on Shelburne Rd, but it's not a long trek by any means. I recommend this for anyone looking for an Alliot break at a reasonable price. Hopefully, I'll highlight some more places in Burlington that are popular (or new, undiscovered) places that students like to visit.
Don't forget: Blogger Chat tomorrow night!
And I hope to see you at Accepted Student Day in the next few weeks!
xo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics