Saturday, April 10, 2010

Do, Re, Mi, Fa, So, La, Ti, Doooooo!

Firstly, I want to say that I hope everyone who attended Accepted Student Day learned a lot about the school and is now more acquainted with and excited about SMC! I shadowed my second tour and it seems to me the parents love to ask questions. I want to encourage you guys (accepted students) to ask questions as well. All concerns are important. Okay, that is my bit. Can't wait to see more of you next weekend!
Now as part of Accepted Students Day and Parents Weekend, there are lots of activities and performances. It McCarthy there is a showing of the "The Notebook of Trigorin," which I hear wonderful things about. On Friday night, a senior had her senior recital and was joined by several vocal students and she asked that viewers donated to a fund for cancer treatment of an alumni's child.
Today, the three acapella groups on campus performed in the McCarthy Art Center. We have the "Sleepless Knights," a coed group, "Mike Check," the men's group, and our newest group,"Acabellas," an all girls group. My friend, Emma, is in the group Acabellas and she led their opening number "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay. Of course, she didn't tell ANY of us, but she did a fabulous job!

Meet "Sleepless Knights." They performed "If You Could Only See" and "I'm Yours." They were fabulous!


Let me introduce "Acabellas." They have been together for three months and for such a small time together they were extraordinary. They opened with a mesh of "Viva La Vida" and the hit song "Down." They also performed "Party in the USA" and "Don't Stop Believing."


Last, but certainly not least is "Mike Check." An extremely talented group of college men, they sang Disney classics "Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan and "Can You Feel The Love Tonight?" from the Lion King. They were also extremely comical making a true performance for their audience.
Here at St. Mike's, there are many artistically inclined individuals. In order to allow them to show off, there is talent show in two weeks held by the MLK Jr. Society on campus. I'm am planning on performing in it with my friend, Peppers.
Okay, hope to see you all next weekend at the Accepted Student Day.
xo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics