Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Beginning of the End

It's that time of the year. Teachers are cramming in info as classes end. Student leaders are passing down torches and absolutely EVERYONE wants finals week to be over.
Before anyone can go home, there are awards to be giving out and good-byes to be said. My schedule has been jam packed, but most recently I have attended the final Founder's Society meeting and Block "M" Varsity Dinner.
Yesterday at the Founder's Society final meeting, awards were given to outstanding members. We also recognized our wonderful senior coordinators. I received the female "Rookie of the Year" award for my blog and tour guiding. :-D


It was so much fun to get together with everyone before finals week.
Now onto the 63rd Annual Block "M" Varsity Dinner. This has been my favorite end of the year event.
It is a gathering of ALL varsity (NCAA Division 2) teams at St. Mike's. We have dinner and the teams recognize seniors. Coaches give out awards to outstanding athletes. I received the award for the Alpine Ski Team. I am so flattered that my coaches think so high of me. I work hard because I love the sport and competing. I want to lead the team because although skiing is an individual sport, the team should do well. Anyways, here are some photos of the Block "M" gathering.





So as you can see, there is a lot going on right now that has NOTHING to do with studying. It is ALL so much fun. While I can't wait for summer, I am sure going to miss my Saint Mike's family. Don't fool yourself, we are a FAMILY. We eat every meal together, we live together, and we share a bathroom. We are forever sisters. That's what Saint Mike's has done for me and this is only year one. How could it get any better?

xo
Gabbi

DONT FORGET: Have questions? Formspring Me! Ask anonymously!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics