Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break in Lake Tahoe



Hey Everyone!

It's SPRING BREAK for the Purple Knights this week and it couldn't have come at a more perfect time. I was in desperate need of a break from school.

On Day One, my parents and I went on a two hour tour of the Incline Village, Nevada area, where my parents recently moved. The weather was beautiful and I had forgotten how blue the lake is. I can't wait to spend lots of time there.
I am actually applying for summer jobs right now and hopefully I will get to work at the Hyatt's day camp for kids. Then I'd get to art projects and nature walks all summer. Sounds pretty good, right?! If I don't get the job, I am hoping to work at one of the beaches in Incline. Either way, I'll be working on my tan.



On Day Two, I headed for Diamond Peak for some GS training. :-) It was sunny and it's one of the few places I haven't skied, but it's really cool because there are some unreal views of Lake Tahoe there!

On Day Three, I headed to Sugar Bowl. I trained slalom on my own old home hill. I skied at Sugar Bowl for a long time before switching to SRI. Anyways, once again it was sunny and I was sweating. No one ever said skiing was glamorous.

And because I like to make the rounds, I headed to Boreal today. It is a really small mountain off of HW 80 with a whole lot of park for the free riders and snowboarders in the area, but also a race arena. I jumped in with my friend, Shannon, who I am currently recruiting to St. Mike's. She just got her acceptance letter and is coming to visit me in a few weeks! Can't wait!! We trained GS once again under beautiful skies and then headed to Tacos Jaliscos, the best Mexican food restaurant ever, and ate way to much food.

Hope everyone is having a great second semester and Spring! For all you accepted students, don't forget about the upcoming Blogger Chat on March 25th. Currents students will be available to answer any questions you have about Saint Michael's.

xo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics