Thursday, February 25, 2010

Where All The Magic Happens


After all this snow we've received, the Lyons residents decided to build a nice barricade. I stumbled upon this on my way back from tuning my skis this morning. Which brings me to the point of this blog.
In the past I've told you a lot about my ski racing career at SMC, but today I'm going to give you a little "behind the scenes" action. Well, not a lot of action, just getting the skis tuned and waxed for the Middlebury Carnival/Eastern Championship this Saturday and Sunday. Welcome to the SMC Ski Room, where the magic happens.
Here are the team's skis soaking with wax, and that is my favorite pair of skis on the table.


Here is the Nordic part of the wax room. I don't really know what their tuning process is, but I know they tune. :-P


Early this year, Gus (one of our coaches) built some wonderful stands above the tables for holding tuning equipment, lights, and plugs to keep the speakers up and running. What would ski tuning be without a soundtrack?!



Everyone has a locker. I have 8 pairs of skis here with me, one of my skis is currently in my closet. Needless to say, the ski room resembles an overstocked ski shop.


Okay, that's all!
xoxo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics