Wednesday, February 10, 2010

See Ya, Joyce!.... How you doing, Potigny?

I have great news! I will be residing in Potigny 208 next year in a 4-person suite! I will be living in Ambassador Housing with my friend, Natalie. Ambassador housing means that the other two rooms will be for ALD, or international, students. International students come for 8 weeks, a semester, or even the year. Natalie and I have the job of helping them adjust to life at St. Michael's and in Vermont. We are there to greet them on arrival, show them around campus, help them figure out their schedule and things like that.
The great part about living in a suite is that I have my own room, so I have my privacy, but I still live with other people. I'm also looking forward to meeting people from all over the world. As someone who truly appreciates travel and other cultures, I hope this will help me diversify my understanding of the world. The other great thing is that I don't have to worry about housing anymore! I have a place to live and I don't have to worry about raffle number and having to live up on North Campus. Don't get me wrong, there are TONS of benefits to being on North Campus. Many kids say they like it because it actually feels like you are getting off campus when you go home. It just isn't currently the location for me.
Anyways, I just thought I'd let you all know. As I hear about my other friend's housing experiences I will try to give you a look at housing beyond Ambassador housing.

xoxo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics