Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Most Eventful Week

... And it's only Tuesday!
I guess I will start with yesterday. I'm not even sure it was really eventful, but it felt like a long day. I had my three morning classes (Writing, Math, Politics) and then skiing in the afternoon. It was unusually warm up at Smugg's yesterday. I was able to strip down to my speed suit. If you don't know what that is, its what you see ski racers wearing that typically makes them look like Spiderman/woman. Contrary to what many believe, they are not warm. I just wear them because they look soooooo good. :-P The point is: For me, to get down to my speed suit it has to be pretty warm. Good thing, too, since the photographer was there taking pics of the team.



This is the SMC Purple Knights getting ready in the Smuggler's Notch Ski Team building.


That's me. Shredding, of course. :-P I'm actually pretty impressed with myself. It might also just be the angle of the camera, but who cares? I look good.


This is Kris Ochs, one of the seniors on the team.

As you can see, Purple Knights are lookin' pretty good for the season. (PS. We are hosting a NCAA race this weekend, Jan. 22 and 23. If you are in the area, come show your support!)
More interesting news... My parents are in town all the way from California. Since my sister and I are both east coasters now, they had to fly cross country to watch us race. They rented an apartment in Burlington and are getting to know the area. This is the second time they have been to VT. The first time was when I moved in. It's very nice having them in town and I think they just like having their kids around. I imagine it's weird having an empty home. And of course, I get home cooked meals. Tonight, my mom is making fajitas for me and a few friends including... MY NEW ROOMIE!!
My friend, Teresa, is moving in this week because things didn't work out between me and my original room mate. Don't worry, most people have a great room mate experience. My roomie and I were just two very different people. Anyways.... once Teresa is all settled (Hopefully tonight!! *crosses fingers*) I will take a video of my rearranged and updated room. I'm very excited about the whole situation!
Oh, and some other exciting news. Well, I think it's exciting as someone who is doing their first real year of school since 8th grade. I made the Dean's List. I just got a letter in the mail. I'm feelin' pretty special right now. I'm not sure it means anything except that I try really hard in my classes and could really use summer vacation right about now :-P. It is nice to be recognized for my obvious amazing-ness.
Okay! I promise that's all for now!
xo

Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics