Friday, December 4, 2009

Food, Friends, and Fun!

What a wonderful Saturday! I started the day with brunch and the Center for Women over by Ross Sports Center. My RA, Kate, and her boyfriend, Calvin, cooked Joyce 3rd Floor South a delicious breakfast of eggs, bacon, pancakes, coffee cake, fruit, coffee and juice. All of it was delicious, but we are all most excited about the coffee cake. And who would have thought Calvin cooked it?! We certainly didn't, but its the truth. He also forgot to de-stick the pan and left me scraping off crumbs after breakfast, but we all make mistakes.
The Women's Center was a great place for this because it is a house with kitchen and there was large living room for all of us to relax and enjoy each other's company. When we arrive just before 10 am we popped Juno into the DVD player. We stayed at the Women's Center for over 2 hours eating, watching a movie, and doing everything, but thinking about the last two weeks of the semester.
After breakfast, I came back to my room with the intention of being VERY productive. I was going to clean my room, do laundry, and go to the computer lab in order to start work on my final New Media project. So much for that! My friends, Liz, Laura and Alyssa, joined me at the Mens Hockey Team's game. I had never been to a ice hockey game before, so I was very excited. The rink is in South Burlington, so shuttles take students to the venue. When we arrived at the rink, we sat down and then realized the players had ponytails! Whoops! Wrong game... We then made our way to the second rink in the Cairns Arena. Boys! Found them! We watched the last two periods cheering on the Purple Knights. It was a very exciting game because all of the boys were very aggressive and you could tell both teams wanted to win. Who doesn't? Unfortunately, our boys lost to Amherst, but it was still a great game.

Now, I am back at the home and my room is still a mess and my laundry hasn't been cleaned. :-P Bummer.
On the bright side, I have fun snowflake Christmas lights to make me happy! We need to keep positivity that it will snow soon! We don't have snow here! It's like its avoiding us! Ah! What will we do?
I am off to enjoy the rest of my Saturday!
xoxo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics