Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Finals Week

It's Tuesday night and the hardest part of my week is over. Yesterday, I had a Mass Communications final. It took me two hours, but it was open note. Overall, it really wasn't too bad. I also had to turn in my final New Media website, which I think turned out very nicely. The site presented research on Facebook. I sent a survey to the entire Freshman class inquiring about Facebook usage. I found some pretty interesting information, mostly that girls are more likely to fill out your survey. The most interesting thing I learned was that 89% of the girls think they are addicted to Facebook. Insane, right? I mean I know I am in that statistic, but I never realized the prominence of Facebook. It really is a weird technological drug in a superficial world. Deep. I know. :-P
Today, I had to turn in my final memoir and self-evaluation. I turned it in compete with manila envelope and stamps to be sent back to be after grading. I think it turned out pretty well, except for the few mistakes I noticed where I was probably typing to fast, skipped a letter, and the computer changes the word to something that doesn't make sense. I usually like that tool, but sometimes.... ooooo it can make me angry. Oh well. Technology isn't perfect. In class, we enjoyed apple cider, egg nog, and cookies courtesy of our professor. Each of us read a short excerpt from either our self evaluation or memoir. While we had already read everyone's memoirs, hearing the changes people made or the things that had been added made them refreshed.
Tomorrow morning, bright and early, I am heading up to Smugg's to do a bit of training with the Smuggler's Notch Ski Team. I'm leaving here at 6 am. Ah! So early. Definitely going to need an afternoon nap. Despite that, I am VERY excited to train slalom. It's my best event and I love hitting gates. :-P I can't wait for the NCAA race season to start. It's going to be epic. I hear the snow is supposed to be nice and icy for training tomorrow, which will be fantastic. I have been contemplating exactly how much clothing to wear. I can't wear a ton to train, but I don't want to be too cold! Oh, life's problems. I'm sure I'll be contemplating that until the very last minute.
I have one more final this week in Spanish. I'm not nervous about it at all. After the composition I had to write and the oral exam, I am feeling very confident in my proficiency. I hope that is reflected on the test. Come to think of it, I should probably do a little review. The key with me is not to OVER study. My brain turns to mush and I don't retain anything...

Home again, Home again, Jiggity jigg...
Just so you know, my Spanish final went totally fine. It wasn't a breeze, but I seemed to retain a lot of the material which is fantastic. I also just got my final grades! An "A" in my first-year seminar, an "A-" in Spanish, a "B+" in New Media, and a "B+" in Mass Communications, with a GPA of 3.59. :-) Can't complain about those grades in my first semester of college! Actually, I would never complain about that. I've also been perusing my classes for next semester on eCollege to see what I'm in for. Looks like I'm in for an interesting semester and I promise to keep you updated on anything important. But that's enough about school, It's vacation!
I've been home for a few days now and there is really no place like home. There is four feet of snow outside my house and it is also 40 degrees and I am sweltering. You think I'm kidding? I'm not. I went to walk a dog for my mom (She runs a pet-sitting service.) and in a light sweater and jeans I was so hot! I'd never thought I'd think that. I'm so happy to be home, but I head back to school on the 28th for ski team training. It's going to be weird being in an empty dorm, but I'm very excited for the ski team to really get underway and for the racing to start!
Hope everyone has very happy holidays!
xoxo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics