Thursday, November 12, 2009

Just a Quicky!

This a just a quick look into Class Registration at St. Mike's. The registration process started a month ago with Seniors registering as early as Oct. 12. The first group of freshman registered this morning. Juniors and Sophomores were scattered in the middle. Obviously, this leaves slim pickings for certain classes. I was revising my schedule up until last night. I had my "Ideal Schedule" and my "Back-Up Schedule."
Now, there are a lot of people who want certain classes and will take them at anytime, there are people that want certain professors, and then there are the people that don't want classes on Fridays. I was in all three of those categories and then of course there is the issue of getting classes that don't conflict with skiing. It's quite a process. Unfortunately, there was no way to not have classes on Fridays and still be able to train everyday. However, I contacted the professors earlier and they are willing to work with me. :-)
The program we use for registration is KnightVision. That is where we can search for, register, and drop sections. You can go there now to get an idea of class offerings if you'd like. On KnightVision, I am able to view how many spots are available in the class. (My Intro to Writing class had 3 spots...) Looking at those numbers can really make you nervous about getting the schedule you want. If things didn't go my way, I was going to petition to get in. No big. Registration started at 7 am. That means if you cared you were up at 6:45 am. Lucky for us, we have the greatest RA's in Joyce and they brought us Dunkin' Donuts and Coffee :-) About 10 of us sat in the 2nd floor lounge waiting for the clock to go from 6:59 to 7:00. Longest minute of my life!
After several "There are too many sessions. Try again later." and some minor freaking out, I realized that I had been put in my classes. It was a miracle. I GOT EVERY CLASS! yay! Here is what next semester looks like for me:

Monday-Wednesday-Friday
8:30 am - Intro to American Politics
9:30 am - Finite Mathematics.. I will be SPRINTING to my next class...
10:25 am - Intro to Writing (Journalism)

Tuesday-Thursday
1:00 pm- Intro to Philosophy
2:30 pm- Languages of the World

When I'm not in class I'll be skiing. That means no radio show for me next semester :-( But I'll be back on the airwaves next fall. I'll be back! It is such a relief to have registration over and done with. Just wanted to let you guys know whats up while I have a few minutes.

xoxo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics