Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The All Important Countdowns...

New Moon Premiere: 3 days
Thanksgiving Break/Sunday River Ski Camp: 7 days
Finals: 23 days
Winter Break/California: 28 days
2010: 44 days

As you can tell, there are lots of exciting events in the future! I've already talked about New Moon, so next on the list is Thanksgiving/Sunday River Ski Camp! I am so stoked to get on snow. This time last year I had already skied at least two months in Chile and Austria, so I am suffering from some serious withdrawal. The ski team is heading the Sunday River to start the season and get comfortable on snow again. (What a process it is!) I've been wearing my ski boots around the dorm in an attempt to break them in, but it never really seems to help when you actually get out there. Just have to tough it out.
In order to get ready for the season, the team is getting nice and strong. We do everything from weight lifting to running and jumping.





















































We are also a very tight knit team with a great coach who invites all of us over for a home cooked dinner. That's the great thing about SMC. It's like joining an extended family. By coming here, you become part of something bigger.
Naturally, finals are slowly creeping up on us. I have finals in all my classes except The Examined Life because we hand in our final memoir for that course. Because I was in independent study for high school, I haven't really taken finals before and the idea if a week dedicated to them sounds a little terrifying. Luckily, I only have one final a day so there is plenty of time to study. Finals week also means Christmas, so I can't be too bummed.
I'll be heading home for 10 days to get my fill of California. :-) And hopefully some epic powder skiing. I'll be back here before the rest of the school so that I can train for the race season. It'll be weird being in Joyce without everyone here. I hope the buildings not haunted!
Next thing you know, its going to be 2010! Can you believe it? I can't. It's ridiculous. I suppose time flies when you are living the life. :-)
That's all I've got for you today. And if you want more info on St. Michael's College join the bloggers and me for an online chat this Thursday from 7 pm - 9 pm. They are always a good time!
xoxo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics