Friday, October 23, 2009

The Case for Reflection..

Or something like that. I've officially started my memoir and by started I mean I'm nine pages deep and what has turned out to be the one of the greatest release of feelings I have ever done. I should also add that I still have about 4 chapters left to write. I guess I should have expected a reflection on my high school years to be long, but I didn't realize I would able to write it down so quickly. I was typing so long my palms got sore from resting on the table and I was writing so intensely about my experience at National Championships for trampoline I could feel the adrenalin rush all over again. It was exhilarating. The Examined Life with Professor Inness-Brown Monley (Yes, she has quite a few last names. We just call her Liz.) will probably be one of the best courses I have ever taken here. I can only imagine that this release will give a clean palette to continue on at the end of the semester. I couldn't be more excited!
I'm also excited about the fact that it's friday, but not just any Friday. Tonight is Friday Knight Dry. Here's the low down. As always that RA's put on activities in the Residence Hall and also some clubs put on activities in Alliot and Eddie's Lounge. Some of the activities are the "World-Famous Lyon's 1st Floor Slip-n-Slide", Twister Tournament, Holiday Themed Mini Golf (my floor is Christmas), and Karaoke. At the activities, you receive raffle tickets At the end of the night, you put your tickets in a raffle. Prizes include iTunes gift certificates, digital camera, and all sorts of other cool prizes. Since I am in college (and not taking a math class currently :-P), here is the equation: More activities= More Raffle Tickets=More Prizes.... That wasn't even an equation, Oh well. It's the truth.
I'll be sure to give you the inside scoop on Friday Night Dry tomorrow.
xoxo
Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics