Friday, September 11, 2009

Spice Up Your Life

It's the WEEKEND! Well, technically it's middle of the day Friday, but for me it's the weekend. My classes ended at 11:40. :-) It's really nice. Today was full of quizzes. Spanish quiz and a Mass Communications Quiz. They weren't really difficult, but I've never been much of a test taker. I was also designated reader in Mass Comm today. I was really nervous. I had notes and questions for the class. And I thought I'd have to get in front of the class and do it, but I got to stay in my seat and have a "discussion amongst my peers." That's what I'd call it at least. Needless to say I am very happy to have the weekend in my near future.
This week wasn't really stressful, but I did add something to my schedule. Dryland. 4:30 -6 everyday. Trust me. I have been getting a good workout. I could barely move yesterday. Today is game day. Bring on the heat! ha! I can always go for some healthy competition. Soccer is probably not a good idea. I have a tendency to accidently kick people in the shins. And I really mean by accident. I have horrendous foot-eye coordination. It's rather pitiful for an athlete, but its just not my cup of tea. Luckily, my workout today will make me tired so that I can take a "nap" in evening so I have energy for the Highlighter Dance!!
This weekend is the Welcome Back Bash Weekend! And there are million fun things to do on campus. I think my favorite thing is going to be the Highlighter Dance. It's tonight from 10 pm - 1 am and everyone wears white t's and draws on them with highlighter. Alliot is (supposedly) all black lighted and everyone glows. As someone who never went to any high school dances, I am game to go to any dance, especially when there is glowing involved!
Luckily, activities on Saturday don't start until 11 am. The SMC Rugby team is going to be playing UVM Laws team on the 300's field. Afterwards, WWPV, the school radio station, will be playing music and class officers will be arranging activities on the 300's field. Next comes the activities fair where we can view all the clubs on campus. (There are a million and one things to do here, so scheduling is getting really important! ah!) Then we get to hear from some of our musically inclined students in MIKE CHECK, FREE LOUIS, THE MARCUS COOPER 3, & THE CELTIC KNIGHTS. Alliot is closed for dinner tomorrow night, so we are having a BBQ. I am all about the BBQs. They remind me of home.
Sunday is going to be a recovery and homework day, I'm sure. Lots of people cramming in the last minute Monday homework that they avoided all weekend because well, it's the weekend. Ha. It's whole purpose is to be wasted away doing things that don't involve classes. :-P Just kidding. Sort of...
Oh! and I am very excited to say that I am going to have a radio show on WWPV on Mondays from 10 am - Noon! It's called Glamour, Gossip, and Good Music with Gabbi Hall. Anyone notice a pattern in that one? Anyways, I'm excited for it so that I can play the music I want. I hate when radio stations only play one kind of music. I personally want to listen to just rock, or just hip-hop all the time. So my show is going to mix things up a bit. I am also going to be talking about upcoming music releases, concerts, movies, and of course the latest in greatest in pop culture because who doesn't like to laugh at the stupid things celebrities say or do? If you don't, don't listen to my show. That's all I can say to you. I'll probably throw some serious and important news in there as well. Try to have a little somethin' somethin' for everyone. If you aren't in the Burlington area, but want to tune in, go to the Webcast. Also on the website you'll find show schedules, events, contact information, and all thing relating to the radio show.


That's all for now!
xoxo
Gabbi


1 comment:

  1. I wish I could listen to your radio show while I am travelling!!!

    -Mal

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Google Analytics